Eliminating and preventing acne scars
Dealing with acne may be just a part of the problem for many people since after the acne has been eliminated there are often acne scars left on the skin, which can become permanent. And it often depends on the severity of acne breakouts that the scars left stay for a longer period of time. So if you suffer from a severe form of acne be prepared that you might as well deal with acne scars later on. The following are five simple tips on dealing with acne scars that you will certainly find helpful:
1. The first and foremost thing you should do in order to prevent acne scars is dealing with the acne problem itself. If you suffer from acne breakouts then find a method for getting rid of them. There is a multitude of options you can choose from, but it’s always recommended that you address a dermatologist for an adequate professional consultation.
He or she may suggest you anything from simple topic gels to such potent medications as Accutane. The choice always depends on your exact case and that’s definitely the optimal solution for dealing with acne.
2. Do not squeeze or pop the acne, although it may look very tempting to get rid of pimples in such a direct mechanical way. Sure, you may temporarily remove the large part of bacteria from your skin by squeezing the acne but you also spread the infection further into the skin because you push a part of it deeper into the pore. And that leads to acne breakouts in the future in the same place. Besides, by squeezing you also damage the skin itself and create all the conditions for having acne scars.
3. Be especially cautious about squeezing or irritating in any way those big inflamed acne filled with pus. They are bigger visually and are the most unpleasant thing you can have since they are large, red and painful to touch. This is an indicator that there’s a severe inflammatory process going on in the pore due to bacterial infection. Manipulating such a pimple is highly unrecommended since they are the leading cause for acne scars to occur once they are removed mechanically.
4. Dermabrasion is quite a painful medical procedure performed by dermatologists but it is certainly worth it. It involves removal of the top layer of the skin through abrasion and may take several moths to restore the normal state of the skin. But as a result all the imperfections, scars and acne are removed for good. You should consult with your doctor regarding this procedure in order to make sure that it’s safe for you.
5. Use Aloe Vera medications and extracts for eliminating acne and removing acne scars. Aloe Vera has excellent antibacterial properties and also promotes regeneration of the skin. Of course, the effect won’t be as noticeable as in the case of Accutane, however the natural solutions with Aloe Vera can be used for a long period of time without any prescription needed and improve your skin condition in general.
If you are interested in the point of view expressed by John Scott, visit http://www.mymedsprices.com/articles/accutane-and-acne-scars.html for more of his professional writing on a whole array of topics that relate people all around the world.